A new developer on the BoneJ team

Hi everyone,

I’m Richard, and I started last Monday (October 5th) as the research software engineer hired to work on the next version of BoneJ, which will utilize ImageJ2 and Fiji. I’m originally from Finland, and moved to London to work at the Royal Veterinary College on October 3rd.

I’ll be starting by getting to know the community, ImageJ2, and the code in BoneJ & the science behind it. I have a background in Computer Science, and got my MSc from University of Jyväskylä in December 2014.

Best Regards,
Richard Domander

7 Likes

Glad to have you on board, Richard!

I’m happy to have a chat (text/audio/video) any time you have questions. Find me on Gitter in the imagej/imagej and fiji/fiji channels. I’ll be most responsive during U.S. work hours, of course.

There is also going to be a KNIME/ImageJ hackathon in Konstanz from January 12-22, which would be really valuable for you to join, if you are able.

1 Like

Great to have you in the community @rimadoma!

As far as the ImageJ2 portion goes, we’ve been putting a lot of effort into the Development section of the wiki, so I would recommend that as a starting point. Feedback, discussion and edits to continue growing/refining these docs are always welcome :smile:

2 Likes

Welcome Richard!
I am really and simply glad to see a new Fijier around, but I have to write at least 20 characters.

1 Like

Welcome Richard!!

1 Like