I’m currently putting together a short presentation on doing 3D image processing with Python and Jupyter. Reviewing existing visualisation tools, I noticed the absence of a general tool handling most classical cases of interactive volume visualisation. Here’s a short summary of existing tools and their limitations (they all are great tools that can also do other things than volume viewing and I don’t mean to be negative here, just trying to find out where the field is heading to):
- https://github.com/maartenbreddels/ipyvolume : no colormaps choice, no time-lapse visualization
- https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/itkwidgets: no multi-channel visualization, no time-lapse-visualization
- https://github.com/maweigert/spimagine : no multi-channel visualization
So it seems that there’s no single tool that handles at the same time multi-channel + time-lapse + colormaps.
Therefore my questions here are:
- Does anybody know about another tool that would be more complete?
- Does anybody know if someone is working on a new tool?
- Maybe someone has a solution I don’t know to tweak one of the above tools?
Thanks for any infos !