2.0 Gamma Mac nightly build

The latest Mac nightly build of 2.0 Gamma starts ImageJ, but not Micro-manager. Is there a quick way around this? Thanks- Dave

What happens when you start Micro-Manager from ImageJ’s plugin menu? If you see there the dreaded: “Why are plugins missing?”, follow the instructions: Micro-Manager User's Guide - Micro-Manager

Not sure if it’s the same thing, but I ran into a similar problem. The solution was to move the folder ~/AppData/Local/Micro-Manager/UserProfiles to a new location. That lost all my settings (like memory settings and other options).

Sam

Nothing in the plugins menu when it starts up. The MM folder is in the micro-manager/plugins folder. I can’t find anything like what Sam describes searching my computer.

Did you move the Micro-Manager folder out of Applications and back in (as described: Micro-Manager User's Guide - Micro-Manager)?

I tried that and it made no difference. Dave

I have no access to a Mac to test and debug. Anyone?

Hi Both,

The instructions on the website almost worked for me today (MacOS Catalina 10.15.7). I had to hold command rather than option or control (as stated on the wiki).

The main problem I found was that after that gatekeeper then complains that nothing is signed by a verified developer. The solution to that involves a very large amount of clicking (you have to click several buttons per device adapter to tell gatekeeper that you really do want to run them…)

I did find a better solution to both problems though. If you open a terminal and run
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine <Path to Micromanager Install>

(so for me that was sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Micro-Manager-2.0.0-gamma1-20210309)

That goes through the micormanager install and removes the quarantine flag on everything, at which point gatekeeper doesn’t complain and micromanager launches as expected when double clicking ImageJ